Understanding of OSS domain, TMN Model, eTOM, ITIL optional
Exposure to EMS/ NMS system and applications and FCAPS functionality.
Knowledge of Nokia (Nokia Solutions and Networks) NMS solution (NetAct) / Nokia EMS solution will have an added advantage.
Hands-on with Pre-Sales experience on OSS solution preferable.
Technical expert in own area of solution/product. Responsible for reviewing own work and colleagues.
Makes decisions affecting own and team’s work within set parameters, elevates others to delivery. Reviews priorities with supervisor. High personal or low collegial interaction.
Accountable for quality and accuracy of own and overall delivery output. Responsible for contribution to teamwork. Errors may have impact on function/project/customer.
- Acts as a main point of contact for Nokia internal customers(sales reps. across sales regions) and solution engineers internally.
- Uses functionally specific knowledge. Performs day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives. Applies commonly recognized concepts within their field of expertise.
- Shares knowledge with team or peers or have high collegial interaction. Raises innovative ideas.Variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility, Demonstrates initiative & contributes to problem solving.
- Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters. Makes decisions that affect own and team’s work. Variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility. Demonstrates initiative & contributes to problem solving.
- Accepts responsibility for and demonstrates support for delegated decisions. Requires minimum supervision. Uses non standard approaches to resolving issues. Suggests improvements and seeks opportunities for innovation. Some collegial or consultant interaction. Performs and/or coordinates day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives.
- Carries out root/cause analysis in more complex problems. Can develop and implement recommendations. Direct supervisory responsibilities for people. Carries out variety of complex activities according to plan within broader area of responsibility, analyses problems. Decision making typically according to established solutions.
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and efficiency of own and/or team achievements. Actions and errors can have program, project, functional impact. May have some financial accountability for own or the teams overall cost/OPEX/profitability which needs to be clearly defined as part of STP plans.
- Acts as the most senior point of contact for Nokia internal customers(sales reps. across sales regions) and solution engineers internally.
- Responds to standard and non-standard end-customer requests.
- Identifies products andor solutions to meet customer demands at an optimum profitability.
- Develops a solid customer and business understanding and uses this knowledge to focus own work
Position Category Solution Specialist -OSS
Experience Required: 3 -5 years of relevant experience
Education Required: BE (Electronics and Telecom)